We Pickup & Recycle for Offices & Communities
HOW IT WORKS:
1. REQUEST A QUOTE
To generate a quote here a few things we will need to know: amount of employees, the types and amounts of recyclables you need collected and where will we be collecting from?
Click here to begin.
2. RECEIVE YOUR BINS & START COLLECTING
Once you've accepted your quote we will add you to our pickup schedule and deliver your bin(s) to start collecting!
3. WE PICKUP & RECYCLE
We pickup every week or month depending on your needs and recycle your waste.
City recycling programs across the United States are rapidly cutting glass collection services, and they do not typically take items like batteries, electronics, plastic bags and cardboard. Throwing these items away adds to a mounting problem of space shortages in landfills across the country. Instead, by recycling, these items can be processed and turned into new products. It's our mission to help resolve landfill space issues by offering a simple and reliable collection service for you and your neighbors.
WHY RECYCLE GLASS?
Recycling is good for the environment.
When you place glass in the garbage, it ends up in a landfill and contributes to overall waste. Recycling removes glass waste completely and allows it to be turned into useful products. Recycling saves manufacturers money and reduces the amount of trash going to the landfills.
Recycling batteries helps prevent the leakage of heavy metals into the soil and water as the battery casings corrode in a landfill. It also prevents air pollution caused by incinerating batteries with household waste.
Old Electronics may contain materials that would be hazardous to the environment if they end up in a landfill. Recycling helps to keep those materials out of the environment. Much electronic waste, or e-waste, ends up in developing countries, where it can pollute those communities through improper handling.
Environmental benefits of recycling:
- Over a ton of natural resources are saved for every ton of glass recycled
- Homes with fiberglass insulation made from recycled glass have more efficient home energy and lower energy consumption
- Reduces carbon/greenhouse gas emissions
- Glass has little to no impact on the nation’s waterways, it doesn’t pollute the oceans, it doesn’t contaminate our water sources
- Properly recycling e-waste like old computers reduces your susceptibility to data theft, which is a risk even if you think you've deleted the data from your old devices.
One ton of recycled glass saves:
- 42 kWh of electricity
- 5 gallons of oil
- 714.3 BTUs of energy
- 2 cubic yards of landfill space
- 7.5 pounds of air pollutants from being released
Manufacturers benefit from recycling glass in several ways:
- Recycled glass reduces emissions and consumption of raw materials, extends the life of plant equipment, such as furnaces, and saves energy
- Energy costs drop about 2-3% for every 10% cullet used in the manufacturing process
- In manufacturing, cullet requires less energy to melt than does raw materials and lower temps, extending the lifespan of furnaces and related equipment
- Glass makes better containers because it is non-porous, impermeable and has almost zero rate of chemical interactions
- One ton of carbon dioxide is reduced for every six tons of recycled container glass used in the manufacturing process
- Saves water consumption required for glass manufacturing
Source: Strategic Materials, Houston, TX